Friday, February 11, 2011

My Lifestyle, Your Lifestyle?



"I'm training all the time. I consider myself a martial artist because I'm not training because of a fight coming up, but because its my lifestyle...
I'm not always training as hard as when I'm getting ready for a fight, but I always train and try to get better.
My mentality is when I go to bed at night I know I'll be a better martial artist when I wake up."

- Georges St Pierre at the UFC 129 Press Conference in Toronto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUp-7vMTd7k&t=5m49s

You don't need to be a fighter to understand this. The key word in the whole thing is "lifestyle". 90% of the people you train with will never be a champion or get in the ring, but 100% of the people have the opportunity to grow. That opportunity only gets stuffed when the training isn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment