Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fight Video: Therdkiat Sittepak vs Namkabuan Nongkeepayahut

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1dnVf6dFXU&feature=channel_page

Not long ago, PooChoi Kru Mikey from our friends of Southside Muay Thai asked me who my favourite fighter is. I didn't have an answer at the time, merely replying, "there are too many".

Reflecting on it a bit, the answer right now would have to be Namkabuan. Namkabuan was a very versatile and intelligent fighter, who could fight with both craftiness and aggression.



They called him the Ring Genius. I like that he was able to power through an dominate some opponents, and then use his movement and timing to counter when facing stronger ones.

Namkabuan eventually left the ring after a scandal...something about him being suspected of throwing a fight. I do not know the details, but it makes me appreciate all the fights I have found with him in them.


In this particular video, he's fighting Therdkiat, who was also renowned for his versatility.


Therdkiat demonstrates why he was called the Tactician in this fight, and dishes out some great elbow techniques. I have not seen many of Therdkiat's fights, but I may have to go look for some more after seeing the kind of fight he gave Namkabuan.

*grammar freaks: I realized that when I went back to edit what I've written, I screwed up the tenses. I'm too lazy to fix it now*

No comments:

Post a Comment